Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Game 1 - Fenway PAAAK


Last night was NU senior night at Fenway, so Ben and I took the opportunity to go to our first game together. Tickets were only $15 through NU.. we both got tickets (they sell out fast obviously).

Notes on the game:Angels @ Red Sox, Lester v Ervin Santana. It was a close game (1-1) until the 8th when the Sox blew it open in the 8th. It was a fast game, over by 10.

Side notes:free barbecue before the game. Baseball Tavern to pregame. Flasks into the game, always a good idea. It was raining on and off and our seats were all separated so we just claimed seats way at the top under to scoreboard. Al, Matt, Me, Nick, Ben, Joyce, Abbie, Diego, and Mike Latina were the core participants. After the game we went to Punters and rocked out two "towers of power" aka a 2 gallon beer dispensing cooler.

It was a chilly night = girls need sweatshirts, guys are OK in shorts and t shirt attire. Spent most of the game up in the nose bleeds, then Nick, Joyce Abbie, and me moved down to 10 rows back from the bullpen for the last two innings.

I was a fun game. Nice to kick off the trip with a lot of people and friends.

Next stop: Fenway again! (Saturday Yankees Sox)

3 comments:

  1. Best wishes and safe travel for both of you. This is every kid's dream that ever played a game of catch with his mom or dad, borther, sister, or friend! Enjoy every minute of it, and perhaps we can have another pig roast when you return! Be safe, be well, and I will look forward to a "catch" with Ben when you return. It has been awhile since we did that!! A Yankee's fan and a red Sox fan in the same truck for 2 months! Good Grief!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot one thing! Andy; you should know that my glove is a Whitey Ford autograph edition that I bought when I was 12 years old!! My one concession to the Yankee's that I have hated since my youth. What can I say; I am left handed & he was the "best" at that time!! Enjoy the "rust belt"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad...I'm very disappointed! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete