Saturday, May 8, 2010

Rainy Day at Fenway

Today, the day after graduation, I got to use my graduation present from My cousin Christina and Duke... 2 tickets to the Yankees Red Sox game at Fenway with their season tickets. They asked me ahead of time so my Dad got tickets to the same game for my mom, and cousin Cary.

When I woke up, I thought there was no way the rain was going to let up for us to see the game. Matt was back by 10:30 from his canceled double header that day. It was thundering all morning but we decided to meet up at Bleacher Bar and try to wait it out. After a couple buckets of "ponys" aka 8 oz High Lifes, we got to sit down on the field level and watch them crew take the tarp off and start the game.

Joyce and I sat out in right field. There was a bachelor party and bachelorette party around us but they were unrelated. So that was entertaining. Joyce tried to play cupid with some high school kids sitting next to us by telling them to sit boy girl boy girl instead of acting like they each have cooties.

Game Notes: the yankees beat up on the red sox pretty good. CC v Buckholtz untill around the 5th when it DOWNPOURED. Luckily for us we were inside getting beers, so we didnt get touched.

Beer price:8.25 for premium draft. Bad Sam summer, Smithwicks, blue moon, Guinness, Harp
Miles on truck:0
Cary, My dad and mom's seats were under cover so during the intermission we went to go visit them on the first base line. Dad left and there was an empty seat so we stayed there until the 8th when Teixeira hit his second of the game. We left in the 7th inning stretch.

GO YANKEES!

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe...how did you stay until the 8th, but leave during the 7th inning stretch?? Hahaha...I'm just a jealous sox fan!

    ReplyDelete